Saturday, January 28, 2006

Mislabeled Child Blog: What We're Reading Now - Family / Classics

Neutrologists Drs. Fernette and Brock Eide have a new book coming out called The Mislabeled Child: How Understanding Your Child's Unique Learning Style Can Open the Door to Success. Their accompanying blog was recommended to me by other parents homeschooling visual-spatial kids.

i found the following quote very enlightening:

"I also found out an interesting thing with his reading - if I read a book, I don't usually visualize anything as I'm reading. But if I'm listening to Brock, I can see all the movies. It's very cool. I think the printed page just swamps my internal visual sketch pad - so his reading really enhances my real-time enjoyment."

Mislabeled Child Blog: What We're Reading Now - Family / Classics

I'd been struggling with Xavier saying he "didn't have trouble reading, but..." He was never able to finish that sentence, but I wonder if this is the same issue he's running into. That would certainly explain his preference for being read to.

No comments: