Sunday, May 08, 2005

Mother's Day at my house

Chester comes to me after breakfast and says, "If you don't like my Mother's Day gift, you have to give me a dollar."
Me: "I'm sure I'll like your gift."
Chester: "I know you'll say you like it, because..."
Me: "Because I don't want to give you a dollar?"
Chester: "No, because I'm your little boy and because I'll do this."
Me: "Aaahhh, not Puss in Boots!"

Yesterday, #1 Son asks me, "What do you want for Mother's Day and how do you want me to wrap it?" Not an auspicious start. But he decided, since he is now 2" taller than me, that he will hunch for the rest of the day so I can be taller. :D

Wolfie brought home a plant in a handpainted pot on Friday and told me that it was for Father's Day. When we got home, I suggested he give it to Dad right away because there wasn't a good hiding place where the plant wouldn't die in a month. He decided to keep it on his desk in his room where it would get sun and he could water it when he watered his gecko. I promptly forgot all about it.

Then this morning--TA DA--the plant was for me! Gosh, I'm stupid! LOL

No comments: