From a fellow homeschooler on the Homeschool Diner Conversations List:
I read this this morning and noted a few things. Off the wall things are buried throughout this. (see below)
This is LOADED with info for a Civics class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beware! It's 451 pages, double spaced and line numbered, it's in PDF form:
You may want to scroll to the following pages:
1. Definition of Senior Executive Officer and the term golden parachute - page 32-33 start with line 12 on.
2. de minimis - I had to look that up. It means so small or minimal in difference that it does not matter or the law does not take it into consideration. That's on page 39 starting on line 4. Interesting.
4. Page 40 starts with the $$ talk, specifically how much, who and how often.
5. Treatment of Homeowners' Rights - page 60 starting line 22
6. Increase in Statutory limit on the public debt - page 68 line 9..........WOW what a number!!!!!!
7. A study on finding out how this happened - page 89 line 10
8. Golden Parachute Rule - page 109 line 3
9. Energy Improvement and Extension Act - page 113 line 11
10. Credit for residential energy efficient property - page 133 line 10 (in the 190 they start talking about new electric cars)
11. Bike commuters - page 205 line 1
12. Energy Efficient Home Credit - page 218 line 5
13. 7 year cost recovery period for motorsports racing track facility page 290 line 1
14. Perm. authority disclosure of info relating to terrorist activities page 297 line 1
15. Child Tax Credit - page 297 line 14
16. Provisions related to film and tv productions - page 298 line 6
17. Wooden Arrows - page 300 line 20
18. Farming business machinery & equipment treated as 5 yr. property -page 307 line 4
19. Mental health and substance abuse - Begins on page 310 line 8 ........this ends at the top of page 344
20. Rural schools and community self-determination program - page 344 line 5
There are other earmarks such as; mine rescue, Indian employment credit, RR track maintenance, tax incentives for investments in D.C., wool, Exxon Valdez litigation, states and counties with federal land, disaster properties from Katrina and Ike.
Please remember this still has to pass in the House.
Feel free to share with others.